Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Grand GRAND CANYON--by Sveta






The minute I saw the Grand Canyon I absolutely knew that was it. As soon as, well, actually before the RV had even stopped, I was up and about, getting of the GRAND CANYON!!!!! After I regained my breath, though it was a bit difficult to get my breath to a natural rhythm and not sounding like a dog panting when it’s hot.

Finally, we reached the area where we were allowed my camera, my binoculars, my hat, and my sunglasses especially. But then when I started to get out of the car, Mom said to “chill,” so I had to sit down on the couch and wait for what seemed like decades which was actually only five minutes. Finally, we were allowed to go I was rearin’ to go but because of the 8,000 foot elevation I was sprinting for not one minute and was forced to stop because my breath was ragged and low, also because I was getting a light head. I waited for Mom, Dad, and Nadya to catch up and then I walked with them. After a while even walking got tiring and my legs started feeling a bit rubbery, so I was glad to be able to stop while Mom and Dad took pictures of a small but extraordinary view to go hiking to a view point where we could see an outstanding amount of the GRAND CANYON while walking to and at the viewing point. You could look in all directions and see nothing but the GRAND CANYON. There were lots and lots of shrubs decorating the sides of the canyon and equally as much trees as there were shrubs. How many wonderful pictures I took, I don’t even want to count! When I was done and satisfied with the many pictures I took, I went ahead and took pictures of small wild flowers. When we went back up the hills, we went in to the gift shop and bought some postcards. Satisfied with our trip, we head for our next stop in Flagstaff.

No comments: