Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Tahoe Adventures...by Daisy





Aarrf woooffed aaarrroouuu.

Oops…mom just told me to write in English. Sorry. I had a WOOFERRIFIC time in Tahoe, California. We arrived to the Squaw Valley Resort on June 18th at around 1:30 in the afternoon. That’s where dad picked up his 356 Porsche which had been trucked out on a transport truck for the West Coast Holiday of 356’s. After that mom drove the 356 and dad drove the Cozy Den to our RV Park in Truckee. As far as I was concerned this RV Park was just fine; actually, woof be told, I don’t much care where we park our Cozy Den. Dad, on the other hand, was yipping, yapping and growling A LOT about the toilets and showers—something about there being only ONE of each for men and women. I really don’t understand what his problem was…when I have to go…I just do it. And as for showers, mom makes me take those and I hate it…until the end, when I run around like a nut and play with my toys like a crazy goon. Come to woof of it…perhaps dad was mad because only one shower stall didn’t give him enough room to run around. I don’t know…anyway, all I know is he complained a lot about this one shower business.

The day after we arrived, dad went off to his car event and we three girls just lazed around for awhile. THEN…I got to have the most fun I have had yet on this trip. Mom took my two fur-less sisters and me to Donner Lake. WOOFFEEEEE…I got to go SWIMMINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Diggity dawg that was fun. I LOVE dunking my head under the water; running in it; swimming through it; biting at it. WHEW…I just loved it. My only problem is that after swimming, dang I’ve got to go pee a lot. Good thing I didn’t have whatever toilet problem dad had. I just peed whenever I needed to. Thank Dogness.

I’m going to write again in awhile about my visit with Grandma Julie and, most importantly, about my new boy friend, Max, a good looking Schnauzer who lives in Placerville. Before I sign off from this post though, I’ll tell you that dad had lots of fun at his car event. And, he did really well. He and his buddy, Mr. Eskuche, got first place in the Fun-khana. He also got second place in the Concours in the Un-restored Preservation Class. He had lots and lots of fun.

By for now.

Daisy Dog (aka DeeDee)

No comments: