Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Friend Max






Woof everyone! I thought I’d fill you in on my new canine love, Max. He is a Schnauzer. And while the fur-less love of his life is a really nice lady named Patti Wooldridge, I’m quite certain that I’m his furry love. Mom, my fur-less sisters and I visited Patti and Max on the way back to Truckee after our very nice visit to Grandma Julie, the goats (not my favorites…perhaps I was just too hot), the chickens, the two cats (one of whom, Monkey, is a BIG FAT TEASE…sitting right outside the glass door from me); and the two dogs (Curly and Sal…they didn’t like me so much L). Anyway, Mrs. Wooldridge is the mom of one of my mom’s college pals, Sue. Max, the divine, is Pattie’s special man these days. Max and I are both about the same age (4-ish) and we had a lovely time running around the house, walking and romping outside and posing for photos. Max and Pattie have a lovely home right next to a small lake. While we were outside for our (contraband) off-leash romp, I took the opportunity to leap into the lake and swim, swim, swim—doggy heaven, for me anyway. I thought poor Maxie was going to have a doggie coronary (…he’s afraid of a few things, including water…poor thing). After we got done with our outdoor time, we retired to the lovely cool indoors where I played with his stuffed chicken and he played with my stuffed wolf (which was twice his size).

All in all we had a lovely time and I will miss Max dearly. My only solace is that I know he and Pattie are quite enamored with one another.

Woof,

DeeDee

p.s. Dear Mrs. Wooldridge, please forgive my potty indiscretion in your living room. I was just so filled up with lake water and so excited about Max that I lost my head!

No comments: